Why Teachers Choose AdoptAClassroom.org
- 100% free for teachers. We do not take any fees from donations made to teachers.
- No specific fundraising goals or timelines. The funds teachers raise are theirs to use immediately, so teachers can order what they need, when they need it. Teachers have up to one year to spend their funds.
- Flexible funding for teachers. We don’t ask for project proposals from teachers when they crowdfund. Teachers can choose how to spend their funds in our marketplace every time they shop. Check out our list of vendors here.
- Most teachers are eligible. We serve PreK-12 teachers in K-12 public, private, and charter schools.
- Monthly giving. Donors can set up monthly contributions to their favorite teacher(s). This saves everyone time, and helps ensure teachers have funds they can count on.
How It Works
Register and Create
Share Your Page
and/or Participate in
Get an Email
Receive a Donation
Log In and
Thank Your Donor
Items are Shipped
Directly to Your School
Donors Receive a
List of the Items
Purchased With Their Donation
Download our flyer that explains how AdoptAClassroom.org works to share with teachers.
- All U.S. States and Territories
- Licensed K-12 teachers or certified staff members
- Accredited public, private, or charter schools
- An accredited, public preschool program in the United States
- A preschool program that is based in an accredited K-12 school in the United States
- A Head Start Program receiving funding through the U.S. Department of Health & Human Services
If you are a school administrator, please read more about our
School Program here.
Funding Your Classroom on AdoptAClassroom.org
We know that crowdfunding is not possible for every teacher. We offer
several ways to raise funds for your classroom in addition to crowdfunding,
including classroom supply grants, donor matching, and sweepstakes and giveaways.
Learn more about all of our funding opportunities for teachers here.
What Teachers Are Saying:
“I received donations from people throughout the country who gave me my own voice in what types of products I wanted to bring into my classroom. Without the generous donations on AdoptAClassroom.org,
there is absolutely no way I’d be able to make my
classroom what it is today.”
– Mark, Social Studies Teacher
“Other classroom crowdfunding platforms are not flexible enough. I like that AdoptAClassroom.org doesn’t make you hit a specific goal to use your donations.”
– Krystal, Second Grade Teacher
“It was so helpful to have AdoptAClassroom.org during my first year of teaching. I was able to get the supplies I needed that were not provided by the school, and now that I have them, I won’t need to get those things next year.”
– Korto, Special Education Teacher
Resources from Teacher Leaders
AdoptAClassroom.org’s Teacher Resource Library features free activity plans and “tips and tricks” videos created by Teacher Leaders across the country. Written by teachers, for teachers, Teacher Leader resources cover a variety of topics related to AdoptAClassroom.org’s Spotlight Funds.
Tips and Resources
Check out our Fundraising Guide for Teachers for our best crowdfunding tips, fundraising advice from fellow teachers, and more!
Raise your hand to learn more.
Subscribe to AdoptAClassroom.org updates.
Sign up to learn more.
Sign up to receive information about AdoptAClassroom.org.