Support Spotlight Funds
Focus your donation on company priorities.
STEM Fund: Supported By Staples
As a sponsor of the STEM Fund, Staples funded 24 classrooms nationwide.
Racial Equity in Schools Fund: Supported By Burlington
As the founding sponsor, Burlington helped 574 classrooms get the supplies they need to support students of color.
Arts Fund: Supported By OOLY
Since 2017, nearly 100 classrooms have received significant support for PreK-12 arts education.
Spotlight Funds are a grant program for PreK-12 educators. Each fund supports a specific subject area, or addresses a need facing PreK-12 educators and students. We currently have six Spotlight Funds from which to choose: Art Education, Social-Emotional Wellness, Inclusive Classroom, Disaster Relief, Racial Equity in Schools, and STEM. Educators who receive a Spotlight Fund Grant can use the funds to order the tools and materials they need to support their curriculum and meet their students’ needs. Learn more here.
How do Spotlight Funds work?
AdoptAClassroom.org issues a Request for Proposal, inviting PreK-12 educators from public, private, and charter schools to apply for our classroom grants. Educators are asked to tell us how they will use the funds to support the area of focus and what the benefit will be to their students.
AdoptAClassroom.org reviews and scores the applications based on a predetermined evaluation criteria. While we give priority to educators from high-needs schools, educators with the highest scores are awarded classroom grants.
A Spotlight Fund grant for classroom teachers typically ranges from $250 to $1000, while a school grant averages $1000 or more.
Depending on the program, grantees may be asked to submit a final impact report, including photos or videos to share with supporters of the Fund.
How can my company get involved?
We provide you with a turn-key program that can be customized to meet your specific objectives. The program can be targeted to your key markets or key demographics and enhanced with customer or employee engagement components.
You can be as actively involved as you like in the planning and execution. We have found the majority of our sponsors appreciate our expertise, and the fact that we can manage the program start to finish.
Benefits are determined by the level of sponsorship and the scope of the campaign. They may include:
- Your brand in front of our hyper-targeted audience of PreK-12 educators.
- Category exclusivity.
- Naming rights or brand credit lines, e.g., Title Sponsor, Presenting Sponsor, Supporting Sponsor or Founding Sponsor.
- National reach, with the ability to target key markets.
- Your name/logo featured on AdoptAClassroom.org’s homepage, sponsor page, and/or dedicated Spotlight Fund Page.
- Creative content to use in your internal and external marketing.
- Customized marketing plan to amplify your campaign through our owned marketing channels and tools.
- Proven tactics for employee engagement, PR, experiential marketing, and donation matching.
- Final impact report outlining items purchased with your donation, and thank you content from classrooms (notes, testimonials, videos, and/or photos) to use in your internal and external marketing.
“This school year has been the most challenging in my 24 years in education. We have had to think ‘outside the box’ with everything we do in creating a positive, worthwhile learning experience for our students. The donation from Staples truly helps us purchase those items that are more than just pencils. Thank you!” – Traci H., Principal at Grove Park Elementary School in Burlington, NC
Benefits of Partnering with AdoptAClassroom.org
- We are a 25-year-old nonprofit with proven success.
- Partnering with a non-profit organization builds credibility. AdoptAClassroom.org is a respected, national 501(c)(3) non-profit organization that holds the highest 4-Star Charity Navigator rating and the highest platinum rating of transparency from GuideStar.
- Access to our highly-engaged PreK-12 teacher constituency.
- Cause-marketing expertise from Fortune 100 brands. Read more about our team here.
- Strategy counsel and support with planning and execution.
- Usage rights of AdoptAClassroom.org creative assets to leverage in your own internal and external marketing, e.g., logo, key messaging, social images, and infographics.
- When requested, AdoptAClassroom.org can provide you with a report listing all of the supplies purchased with your donation.
Is there an educational subject or specific area of need your company is interested in supporting? Contact us to talk about establishing a new Spotlight Fund and title sponsorship opportunities.