If you are a PreK-12 educator who could use funding to support your students’ social-emotional wellness (SEW) then we have an exciting grant opportunity for you!
$750 Classroom Grant
Answer a few short questions about your school and students. Educators who are selected based on school and classroom need will be invited to apply for a second round.
This grant application has closed. Visit our Teacher Funding Opportunities page to learn more about current and upcoming educator funding opportunities from AdoptAClassroom.org.
Looking for grant-writing tips and resources? Check out our blog for resources about grant writing or read our Fundraising Guide for more information. For more inspiration, check out our Teacher Resources page on Social-Emotional Learning.
Grant Application Timeline
- April 10, 2023: Round #1 Classroom Grant Closes
- April 17, 2023: Accepted Applicants Notified and Invited to Apply for Second Round
- April 24, 2023: Round #2 Classroom Grant Application Closes
- May 31, 2023: $750 Grants Awarded
- September 29, 2023: Donor Reports Due from Classroom Grant Recipients
Licensed PreK-12 educators or certified staff members at an accredited K-12 public, private, or charter school in the United States can apply for a $750 classroom grant.
The classroom grant has two rounds. Applicants will submit the first-round application that includes all specified criteria, outlined below. Second-round applicants will be required to answer several additional questions, including how this grant would benefit their students and what they would purchase with the funds.
The strongest applications that meet the criteria will be selected for a $750 Social-Emotional Wellness Fund classroom grant; a minimum of 7 applications will be selected.
First Round Evaluation Criteria for Classroom Grant
AdoptAClassroom.org will be evaluating first-round applications for the following:
- School Need: Educator’s school fits AdoptAClassroom.org’s definition of a high-needs school based on the following:
- Relatively high number of students receiving free or reduced-price lunch (80% or above)
- Relatively high number of students with IEP’s
- Relatively high number of English-language learners
- School location (to ensure the disbursement of funds nationwide)
- Number of students benefitting from the grant
- or Educator gave a compelling reason why their classroom is in need if their school does not meet this criteria
- Educator Need and Activity: Educator has not received donation(s) on AdoptAClassroom.org valued at more than $500 in the previous 12 months and educator has logged into their AdoptAClassroom.org account recently.
Second Round Classroom Grant Application Information
100 educators will be invited to apply for a $750 classroom grant. To be considered for a grant, educators will need to answer the following written questions by April 24, 2023. Educators selected to apply for the second round will be notified by email with the application link.
Educators will be asked to respond to the following questions in writing:
- Explain why it is essential for all educators to actively address student wellness and social-emotional learning in the classroom for their students. Please briefly share how you have seen issues of student social-emotional wellness impacting your own students or school.
- What specific strategies, methods, or programs do you currently use to support students’ social-emotional wellness in your classroom or school? What measurable (qualitative or quantitative changes) have you noticed by adjusting your practices to meet the needs of your students?
- Describe why you need funding to support your social-emotional wellness initiatives or curriculum in your classroom. Tell us something unique and/or specific about your classroom. For example: are you seeking to implement training you received from your district or school that allows you to meet your students’ social-emotional wellness needs, what are some key wellness challenges your students experience, how have students’ social-emotional wellness needs impacted instruction post-COVID return, or tell a story about an anonymous specific student, a personal struggle or success, or anything else that highlights the uniqueness of your classroom.
- How will this grant help you and your students? Share your vision of how this grant will help you engage your students in their learning and meet their needs, specifically how it promotes social-emotional wellness for your students. Please highlight a unique ideas, project/s, or curriculum that you want to implement.
- What would you purchase with this grant? Please be as specific as possible. Applicants are encouraged to research the materials and supplies available for purchase on the AdoptAClassroom.org Marketplace.
- Educator clearly explains the need for funding to support their social-emotional wellness initiatives or curriculum and their unique needs (5 points)
- Educator articulates a problem that a $750 grant can realistically address and how the grant will make an impactful change in their classroom or for their students (5 points)
Awards and Donor Reporting
All grants will be awarded by May 31, 2023. Selected classroom grantees will receive $750 each.
Eligibility Requirements for All 2022 Social-Emotional Wellness Grants
- Any licensed PreK-12 educator or certified staff member, employed at an accredited K-12 public, private or charter school in the United States.
- Educators who apply for funds give consent for their application content, name, photo, biography, and the name of the school where they teach to be published in communications by AdoptAClassroom.org and/or their partners in order to promote our mission and/or partnership.
- Educators must have an active AdoptAClassroom.org classroom page by the application deadline. Login or register to create your classroom page.
- Educators who have had $50 or more of AdoptAClassroom.org funds expire from their account due to a failure to spend funds prior to the 12-month expiration date of donations may be deemed ineligible for Spotlight Fund grants.
- AdoptAClassroom.org reserves the right to revise application materials for clarity or communication purposes.
Educators who receive the $750 grant will be required to complete a Donor Report by September 29, 2023, detailing measurable impact on student success. This could include improved levels of student engagement or attendance, an increase in grade point averages, and/or several other success metrics. Funded teachers will also be asked to provide thank you content, including photos of what they purchased, a thank you video, and/or thank you notes from students.
If you are unsure if you qualify for this grant opportunity, please contact our team at [email protected].