This grant opportunity is concluded. Visit our Teacher Funding Opportunities page to learn more about current and upcoming educator funding opportunities from AdoptAClassroom.org.
Are you a PreK-12 educator who needs flexible funding to support your arts-based curriculum? Apply for a $1,000 Arts Fund Grant. Upload a short video (2-3 minutes) to tell us what you need and why here, by February 10, 2021. Click here for tips on how to make a video, including examples from teachers like you!
****Before you apply, be sure to read the evaluation criteria and eligibility requirements outlined below.****
Licensed PreK-12 educators or certified staff members who teach at an accredited K-12 public, private, or charter school in the United States are eligible.
This grant can be used to purchase the materials and tools you need from the AdoptAClassroom.org Vendor Marketplace to support your arts education curriculum, whether you and your students are connecting virtually or in person. Our marketplace has nearly 30 vendors and hundreds of thousands of products, including paints, media equipment, musical instruments, crafting supplies, and more.
Application and Evaluation Criteria
To apply, please upload a short video application (2-3 minutes in length) by February 10, 2021. To be considered for a $1,000 Arts Fund Grant, you must answer the following questions in your video application:
1. Introduce yourself! Please tell us your name, what you teach, and where you teach (school name, city, and state).
2. Describe why you need funding to support your arts-based curriculum. Tell us something unique and/or specific about your classroom. For example, you could talk about how the pandemic or other recent events have affected you and your students, or tell a story about a specific student (please keep their identity anonymous), a personal struggle or success, or anything else that highlights the uniqueness of your classroom.
3. How will this arts grant help you and your students? Share your vision of how this grant will help you engage your students in the arts and meet their needs. Please highlight any unique ideas, programs, or projects that will promote student learning and engagement, and paint a clear picture of how this idea would look if it came to life.
4. What would you purchase with this arts grant? Please be as specific as possible. Applicants are encouraged to research the materials and supplies available for purchase on the AdoptAClassroom.org Marketplace.
Each application will be evaluated by two AdoptAClassroom.org staff members, and scored out of a total of 10 points.
Storytelling (5 points):
Video clearly demonstrates the uniqueness of the educator’s classroom environment or their needs. The quality and information in the video would be appropriate to share with the public, and the educator includes their school name, city, and state.
Impactful Vision (5 points):
Educator explains a realistic yet impactful idea on how they would use the funding. The idea would be one that is actively engaging to all students involved. The educator lists some products or resources they would need to bring their idea to life.
Please note, priority will be given to educators in high-needs schools.
- Click here for tips on how to make a video, including examples from teachers like you!
- Check out our grant application guide for teachers to make your video stand out!
- Any licensed PreK-12 educator or certified staff member, employed at an accredited K-12 public, private, or charter school in the United States.
- Please note, priority will be given to educators in high-needs schools.
- Educators who apply for funds give consent for their application content, name, photo, and name of the school where they teach to be published in communications by AdoptAClassroom.org and/or their partners to promote their mission and/or partnership.
- Educators must have an AdoptAClassrom.org profile page by the application deadline. Login or register to create your classroom profile page.
- Educators who have had $50 or more of AdoptAClassroom.org funds expire from their account, due to a failure to spend funds prior to the 12-month expiration date of donations, may be ineligible for Spotlight Fund Grants.
AdoptAClassroom.org will evaluate each video application and award grants by March 15, 2021. Selected grantees will receive $1,000 each.
Educators who receive funding will be required to complete an impact survey, detailing measurable impact on student success. This could include improved levels of student engagement or attendance, an increase in grade point averages, and/or several other success metrics. Funded educators will also be asked to provide thank you content, including photos of what they purchased, a thank you video, and/or thank you notes from students. This content may be used by AdoptAClassroom.org and/or in partner communications.
This grant opportunity is funded by The Windgate Foundation, to support art education, from drama to finger-painting, across the nation.
If you are unsure if you qualify for this grant opportunity, please contact our team at [email protected].