This giveaway has concluded. Visit our Teacher Funding Opportunities page to learn more about current and upcoming educator funding opportunities from AdoptAClassroom.org.
While being a teacher has never been easy, it also has never been this hard.
During our April Distance Learning Twitter Chat, we asked teachers if their out-of-pocket spending for their job had stayed the same or even increased. Overwhelmingly, teachers told us they are spending more.
We want to help. In celebration of Teacher Appreciation Week, we will be randomly drawing 180 teacher pages for a $100 classroom adoption to spend on the supplies they need right now.
To enter, there are four quick & easy steps:
We invite any PreK-12 public, private, or charter school teacher to enter by creating or updating their classroom profile page by May 10, 2020. To be eligible, classroom pages must be public and include the following:
- In the “Description” section of your page, add a specific and unique story about your classroom. This can be an anonymous story about a specific student, a story about a personal struggle or success, or something that highlights how your classroom or students have been impacted by COVID-19.
- Add the hashtag “#DistanceLearning2020” in your Description section so we know you are applying for this donation.
- In the “How will you spend your funds?” section, tell us what you currently need for your classroom, and list the specific items you will purchase, if known. You are not obligated to purchase the specific items on your list. We know your classroom needs are always changing.
- Include a high-quality photo of yourself or a photo of your classroom (read our tips here). To upload a photo, click Update My Information on the Teacher Dashboard, and click the photo icon.
If you are having trouble creating or updating your classroom page, please read this blog post before contacting us.
New to AdoptAClassroom.org?
More Details About This Donation
- Funded teachers will be notified via email by May 14, 2020 and have 12 months to spend their donation.
Now is a Great Time to Register with AdoptAClassroom.org
We are working hard to get teachers the funds they need to access needed materials. Across the nation, parents and communities have a deeper understanding and appreciation for their teachers. More exciting things are coming your way, so now is a great time to update your classroom page or register for the first time.
Thank you for all you do for your students. You inspire those around you every day.
$100 Classroom Adoption Winner List
Iliana San Martin
Leonor Obando Fonseca
Lizbeth Magallanes Barcenas
Maricruz De Anda
Sandra Prades Bertran
HOW TO ENTER:
Classroom Page Guidelines
Teachers must have a public AdoptAClassroom.org Classroom Profile Page that includes:
- A specific and unique story about the teacher’s classroom in the Description section.
- The hashtag “#DistanceLearning2020” in the classroom page’s Description section.
- A description or a list of items needed in the “How will you spend your funds?” section.
- A high-quality photo of the teacher or a photo of their classroom (no student faces visible – read our tips here). To upload a photo, click Update My Information on the Teacher Dashboard, and click the photo icon.
AGREEMENT TO OFFICIAL RULES:
Participation in this giveaway constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Official Rules, which are final and binding. Winning a Prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
The giveaway begins on (5/4/2020) at 12:00 AM CT and ends (5/10/2020) at 11:59 PM CT. Entries received before or after this end time will not be considered.
A random drawing will be conducted on or about 5/13/2020 from all eligible entries received to select 180 Potential Winners. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Promotion Period. Potential Winners do not need to be present at the time of the Drawing to accept the Prize.
REQUIREMENTS OF THE POTENTIAL WINNERS:
AdoptAClassroom.org will post a list of the Potential Winners in this blog post, and the Prize will be deposited in the Potential Winner’s AdoptAClassroom.org account. If a Potential Winner declines to accept the Prize, or if a Potential Winner is disqualified for any reason, AdoptAClassroom.org will select an alternate Potential Winner based on a random drawing among all remaining eligible entries received. A Potential Winner is not a verified winner until eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules has been confirmed.
AdoptAClassroom.org will select 180 Prize winners who will be awarded one $100 donation to their AdoptAClassroom.org Classroom Account. The Prize consists of only the items listed and AdoptAClassroom.org shall not be responsible for any fees, costs, or taxes arising out of or in connection with Winner’s use of Prize. Prize is non-transferable, and no substitution, assignment, or refund of a prize is permitted, except by AdoptAClassroom.org, who reserves the right to substitute a prize with another prize of greater or equal value, if a prize is not available for any reason as determined by AdoptAClassroom.org in its sole discretion. Limit one Prize per person.
AdoptAClassroom.org. This contest is in no way sponsored or administered by Twitter, Facebook, or Instagram.